Genesis Christian College is an equal opportunity employer. The College employs more than 160 staff and offers employment opportunities to people with well-developed skills and expertise, and a commitment to the provision of quality education.
How to Apply
Vacancies for teaching and non-academic positions are normally advertised on this site and, where needed, in Quest Community newspapers and/or Saturday’s Courier Mail. Applications should be submitted via the Application for Employment Form included with the advertisement and include a cover letter, resume, two professional references as well as a recent Minister/Pastor's reference.
Genesis Christian College welcomes expressions of interest for Relief Teaching across our College at any time during the year. Applicants need to complete our Application Form and indicate in the Name of the Position that you are applying for – Relief Teaching (Primary OR Secondary). If you are interested in Secondary, please also indicate which subjects you are qualified to teach. You will also need to include a comprehensive cover letter, resume, Qld Teacher Registration number, a professional reference as well as a recent Minister/Pastor's reference. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department on 3882 9000.
Nursery/Infant care Assistant Educator
(Part-time, Thursdays and Fridays)
Our high quality long day care Early Learning Centre caters for 75 children from six weeks to five years old. Applications are sought from a qualified Assistant Educator for the above position.
All applicants must hold a minimum Certificate 3 Child Services qualification, and address the selection criteria as outlined below. Previous applicants need not apply.
- Evidence of a recognised Assisting Educators early childhood (and/or a nursing qualification if applying for Nursery position).
- Demonstrated ability to be a highly motivated and committed early childhood team member.
- A good working knowledge and specific, application of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Provide specific examples of supporting factors that are necessary in an infant program 0-2 years, if applying for Nursery position.
- Prove you have an educational approach that embraces Christian values and are able to work in a Christian environment.
- Please provide a current pastors reference.
To apply, please email your application to email@example.com by Thursday 15 June 2017.
12 Month Contract, Full-Time Position
Genesis Aquatic Centre is seeking to employ a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our team as an Assistant Aquatic Coach. This person will be responsible for providing the highest standard of Coaching to Genesis Aquatic Centre clientele.
Reporting to the Genesis Aquatic Head Coach, you will be responsible for:
- working within a team environment to create, maintain and promote a clean, well-organised and a harmonious and happy pool deck where customers are happy to attend regularly;
- ensuring equipment is cleaned and cleared daily and maintained to a high standard;
- providing and maintaining excellent service and assistance to customers with general sports precinct enquires;
- assisting aquatic reception staff when necessary with enquires relating to the aquatic centre through emails and phone calls;
- ensuring contact is made with all families to establish a repour with all aquatic centre & club clientele;
- ensuring attendance roles are kept up to date;
- promoting the Centre at every opportunity and providing excellent customer service;
- understanding the computer software programs including point of sale and memberships;
- assisting with maintaining the cleanliness of the entire sports precinct;
- attending regular staff meetings;
- ensuring appropriate records are kept within Team Manager and Meet Manager;
- maintaining all Club administration records and making sure they are kept up to date and filed appropriately;
- producing annual meet calendars for all relevant clubs and updating regularly;
- coordinating all club nights and club meets associated with Genesis;
- ensuring all stock and merchandise are accounted for and stored appropriately;
- playing a role in school sport when required; and
- assisting both the Sports Precinct Manager and Assistant Manager with other tasks as required.
Close of business Friday 30 June 2017
To apply, please view the full job description (including Selection Criteria) and submit your application by email or hard copy. Include a brief resume and contact details of two (2) referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor, if possible), and written response outlining your suitability for the role and addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages).
Address Application to:
Genesis Sports Precinct Assistant Manager
PO BOX 5206
T: 07 3882 9092
Submitting Your Resume & The Privacy Act
- In applying for a position you will be providing Genesis Christian College with personal information. We can be contacted at: PO Box 5206, Brendale QLD 4500, firstname.lastname@example.org, (07) 3882 9000.
- If you provide us with personal information, for example your name and address or information contained on your resume, we will collect the information in order to assess your application.
- You agree that we may store this information for up to 12 months.
- You may seek access to your personal information that we hold about you if you are unsuccessful for the position. However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- We will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent.
- We are required to collect information regarding whether you are or have been subject of an Apprehended Violence Order and certain criminal offences under Child Protection Law, for applicants who are not teachers.
- If you provide us with the personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that: you are disclosing that information to the College and why; they can access that information if they wish; the College does not usually disclose the information to third parties; and the College may store their information for up to 12 months.
- The College may store personal information in the 'cloud', which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.