Welcome to the Library at Genesis. We have two dedicated teacher-librarians, one for Primary and one for Secondary, and friendly library staff who serve the College community.
- To facilitate effective learning and teaching through the provision of quality resources and excellent services.
- To provide a rich learning environment and a gateway to resources and to encourage users to become information literate, literary competent, lifelong learners and thinking citizens.
What we do:
- promote reading of books for pleasure and reading of texts for information;
- equip students with information, research and technology skills to participate in an increasingly digital world;
- provide resources and online databases;
- use a guided inquiry approach as a framework for effective research; and
- provide a skill base compatible with tertiary institutions and their study requirements.
Our Library Intranet provides 24/7 access to numerous online databases, including the following:
- Book Finder describes book levels and points allocated to library books in the Accelerated Reader programme.
- Britannica and World Book are two encyclopaedias that are available in different levels for the Primary, Middle and Senior Secondary students.
- Facts on File and Salem are two predominantly Science databases.
- Gale eBooks, Infobase Learning eBooks and Project Gutenberg provide access to eBooks.
- Library Webs is a database with links to educational websites.
- Student Resource Centre and the Literature Resource Centre are two databases that are for Secondary students.
- Twig has over 1000 films on Maths, Science and Geography relevant to the Australian curriculum.
Ziptales is a database full of eBook stories for Primary school students.