Genesis Christian College provides high quality education that develops a passion for lifelong learning, Christian character and a desire to serve God in the wider community. We deliver innovative, relevant education that develops personal excellence and school pride within a safe Christ-centered environment. Our modern, well equipped campus is located on the north side of Brisbane with an enrolment of over 1550 students from Prep to Year 12.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join our busy Finance team. In this role you will take ownership of the end-to-end fortnightly payroll processes for Genesis Christian College employees across various Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
You will liaise on a daily basis with a wide range of College employees, assisting with all payroll enquiries and requests. Not only will you process the fortnightly pays, you will also be calculating back pays and termination pays, preparing and paying employee superannuation, preparing compliance reporting, ensuring employee files are maintained and up to date, responding to parent fee enquiries and assisting with billing for school fees.
As a member of our Finance team, you will be contributing to an exceptional learning environment that promotes the strong aims of an independent Christian school.
This position is Full Time, Term Time (45 weeks per annum) commencing as soon as possible.
To be successful, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience of at least 3 years in end to end preparing and processing of payroll
- Business and/or accounting qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated experience manually processing timesheets, leave and other adjusting entries
- A strong understanding of and experience interpreting awards, agreements and payroll legislation in Australia
- A key focus on confidentiality and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and experience working to strict deadlines
- Strong IT capability with high proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite – in particular Microsoft Excel
- Experience managing high volumes of data accurately
- A friendly, positive can-do attitude and strong communication skills
- An active Christian faith
Previous experience administering payroll within a school or not-for-profit is high desirable. TASS experience is beneficial.
We recognise employee contribution through:
- A highly supportive workplace culture
- State of the art facilities
- Annual pay increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- Opportunities for positions of additional responsibility
- 11.25% superannuation.
How to make an application: Please complete our Employment Application Form.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter addressing: how you meet the requirements of the role, and your Christian cultural alignment within the mission and ethos of Genesis Christian College
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- The names and contact details of two professional referees and a minister/pastor reference who our HR Department may contact.
Applications close Friday 29 October 2021.
For further information or questions, please contact email@example.com or phone 3882 9000.