Learn to Swim Instructors
Located within the Genesis Christian College campus, Genesis Sport & Aquatics (GSA) is a state-of-the-art facility with world-class coaches. With a focus on participation and improving sporting performance, Genesis Sport & Aquatics is open to both Genesis Christian College students and members of our local community.
Our exceptional Swim School is currently seeking Learn to Swim Instructors to provide high quality baby, learn to swim and stroke correction lessons at our Aquatic Centre. Come and work for a fun, dynamic team and help contribute to an exceptional learning environment that promotes the strong aims of an independent Christian school.
As a member of our Learn to Swim team, you would be responsible for:
- Providing high quality swimming lessons to GSA clientele under the direction of the Swim School Coordinator and Director of Club Sport.
- Lesson planning and progress reporting on students, based on the Learn to Swim Manual.
- Attend Professional Development on a regular basis.
- Being part of a team of excellence in the Aquatic Industry
- Providing motivation and positive feedback to students and parents
- A passion for Water Safety and excellent swimming technique
- Cleaning and tidying where required.
To be successful, you will have:
- Experience in the Aquatic Industry is preferred but not essential (training provided in Infant & Preschool and General Learn to Swim)
- Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety (Austswim or ASCTA)
- Excellent time management, reliability and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current Working with Children Suitability – Blue Card Child
- Current CPR
- Willingness to engage with the Christian ethos of our College
In addition, the Teacher of Infant and Preschool Certificate (Austswim or ASCTA) is preferred but not essential.
This is a casual position. The successful applicant will need to be available to work hours between Monday to Friday from 3pm – 6pm and Saturday 6:45am – 11:15am according to a roster.
We recognise employee contribution through:
- A highly supportive, Christian workplace culture
- State of the art facilities
- Professional development and mentoring opportunities
- Generous staff discount to a range of services within Genesis
Your application must include:
- A cover letter addressing your suitability for the role
- Your Curriculum Vitae
How to make an application: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th May 2021. For further information or questions, please phone 07 3882 9950.