Director of Innovation and Learning (P-6)
Genesis Christian College is an authentic Christian school that provides high quality education. We develop in our students a passion for lifelong learning, Christian character and a desire to serve God in the wider community. We deliver innovative, relevant education that develops personal excellence and school pride within a safe Christ-centered environment. Our modern, well equipped campus is located on the north side of Brisbane with an enrolment of over 1500 students from Prep to Year 12.
We are calling for applications from passionate and highly motivated Primary Teachers to lead our Primary school in the development and delivery of engaging and relevant curriculum from Prep to Year 6.
Reporting to the Head of Primary, in this deputy level position you will be responsible for teaching and learning in the Primary School along with developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships with staff and the community. You will have strategic oversight of the curriculum planning and reporting, professional learning, and be future-focussed with trends in education to enhance the academic programs in the Primary School. You will be a data-informed leader, and able to work with a team of middle leaders in the Primary school.
This position is appointed as a full-time four (4) year fixed-term contract for the PAR load, whilst retaining an ongoing teaching position at the College, commencing 1 January 2023.
In this role you will be contributing to an exceptional learning environment that promotes the strong aims of an independent Christian school.
Genesis is your authentic Christian school. It’s where you will find a warm and welcoming community that fosters genuine lifelong, professional relationships with people who share your values with authenticity. We teach solid values, show them in action and help our students put them into practice. We are united by our cultural way, Mission:Genesis which underpins all that we do and say.
Here’s just some of the things our newest recruits have expressed about their time at Genesis so far:
- “I have felt very welcomed as part of the team here at Genesis. The staff do a wonderful job of looking after each other and helping out where needed.” Primary Teacher
- “The level of support that I have received from all the wonderful staff has been second to none. Everyone has made me feel at home and supported.” Teacher Aide
- “The College has beautiful staff and facilities.” Secondary Maths Teacher
- “The strong Christian community, positive staff culture and genuine focus on staff well-being is outstanding.” School Officer
- “There are so many opportunities for staff working here and there is a great support network.” Primary Teacher
To be successful, you will have:
- QCT Registration (or eligibility)
- An active Christian faith, strong Christian character and the ability to inspire others
- A high standard of competency and proficiency as a classroom teacher
- Demonstrated understanding of how students learn through effective classroom teaching strategies and the capacity to work with colleagues to continually improve teaching and learning
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead innovatively and influence outcomes
- Proven capability supporting teachers in their pedagogical practices and delivery of programs
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the integration of technology in the delivery of learning in a practical and future-focussed manner
- Ability to work proactively within a collaborative teaching team
We recognise employee contribution through:
- A highly supportive workplace culture
- State of the art facilities including STEM building
- Annual pay increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- 11.25% superannuation
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to make an application: Please complete our Employment Application Form.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the knowledge, experience and requirements of the role and your Christian cultural alignment within the mission and ethos of Genesis Christian College
- Your current Resume
- The names and contact details of two professional referees
- A written Pastors reference
Applications close Friday 9 September 2022.
For further information or to view the Position Description, please contact email@example.com or phone 3882 9000 for a confidential discussion.