At Genesis, we are passionate about and committed to sport, in all its formats. Through our extensive sporting program, we aim to increase students’ well-being, increase their teamwork skills, improve their skills and develop resilience.
During the Primary years, there is a strong emphasis on inclusion in co-curricular sports.
Our Co-curricular sport program includes:
- Swimming & Aquathon: All primary school students take part in swimming across two terms of the year. Conveniently, the students swim at our school pool located in the Genesis Aquatics Centre
- Physical Literacy: Prep to Year 2 students are involved in Physical Literacy during sport time. Physical literacy is the ability to move with competence and confidence in a wide variety of physical activities. Who would have thought working on the fundamental components of fitness could be so much fun?
- Athletics and Team Sports: All Year 3-6 students take part in Friday sports for Athletics and team sports.
- Northern Independent Schools Sporting Association (NISSA): In partnership with nearby independent schools, students from Years 4, 5 and 6 will take part in a total of 6 Gala Days throughout the year. A wide variety of sport will be on offer.
- Intra-School Competitions: All students are assigned to a house group (Shiloh, Bethel, Jericho and Gilead) and compete for their house a part of the Intra-school competition. The three main carnivals cross country, athletics and swimming.
- Inter-School Competitions: Through the inter-school competitions students can also trial and/or qualify to participate in District Carnivals and the Christian Schools Sports Association Queensland (CSSAQ) carnivals. These carnivals both include Athletics, Cross Country and Swimming.
Our Secondary Sport program aims to stimulate, develop and showcase our students’ diverse sporting talents and interests. Through a huge range of sporting opportunities our students are encourages to participate and compete. Students are also able to trial for selection in teams that compete outside of normal school hours.
Our Secondary Sport co-curricular sport program includes:
- Pine Rivers District Competition:
- League Tag
- Cross Country
- Intra-School Competitions: Students compete for their as part of the Intra-school competition. The three main carnivals cross country, athletics and swimming.
- Inter-School Competitions:
- Through the intra-school competitions students can also qualify to participate in District Carnivals and the Christian Schools Sports Association Queensland (CSSAQ) carnivals. These carnivals both include Athletics, Cross Country and Swimming.
- BOSL (Brisbane outer School League) including volleyball, futsal, netball, Touch football and basketball
- Uhlsport Cup / ISSA Soccer for male and female students
- QLD Schools Futsal Titles (Chantelle Cramb Cup)
- Vicky Wilson Cup – netball
- Super 7s Tournament – netball