Pastoral Care is the business of all staff at Genesis Christian College, but it is driven by our dynamic Pastoral Care Team.
You may not hear the term Pastoral Care very often, but it plays a vitally important role in our approach to educating the whole student. We believe student social and emotional well-being is paramount to success at school and in life.
What does the Genesis Pastoral Care team do?
- Pastoral care support for students including emotional, social and spiritual support
- Social and Emotional well being lunchtime and after school programs
- Student wellbeing events
- Classroom programs and interactions including Christian Life and Personal Development;
- Education about mental health and wellbeing
- Chapel services, visiting speakers and organisations
- Student information sessions
- Parent information evenings
- Counselling for students is offered on a daily basis when the need arises
- Make a Difference projects for the school and wider community
We’re an extremely busy department with a lot of activities and programs happening throughout the year. Our programs are specifically aimed at developing Christ-like behaviour and providing students with skills that prepare them for modern life in and out of school.
The team has a common desire to see families “do life well”. The team provides pastoral care, life skills coaching both in and out of the classroom and are involved in weekly Chapels so the students are continually growing in their knowledge.
Pastoral care also acts as a bridge to the community. There are many agencies in our community that are streamlined in their skills and services. Depending on individual needs, we are able to direct people to the most suitable assistance for them. Our team members are keen to be proactively developing this service to meet the needs of the College community.
“Encourage one another and build each other up.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11)