Learning an instrument is one of the most beneficial activities to a child’s development. At Genesis we provide a quality instrumental program.
The Instrumental Music program provides specialised training and performance opportunities on a variety of instruments including voice. Students perform on Mothers' Day, Grandparents' Day and yearly instrumental recitals.
Year 3 Strings Program
Students are selected by aptitude as to their suitability to join this program.
Year 4 Brass and Woodwind Program
Students, selected by aptitude, are offered free group lessons with a specialist teacher.
Private lessons are available before, during or after school in the following instruments:
- Strings: violin, viola, cello, double bass
- Woodwind: flute, clarinet, oboe, saxophone and bassoon
- Brass: trumpet, trombone, french horn, euphonium and tuba
- Orchestral percussion and drum kit
- Vocal lessons: jazz, contemporary and classical styles
- AMEB Music Theory
These lessons are held in our specially designed instrumental rooms. AMEB exams are offered for all instruments, as well as theory.