"Real life tasks engage students in learning that is relevant and aimed at preparation for a successful and dynamic future."
Our curriculum, based on the Qld Curriculum & Assessment Authority (QCAA) Syllabus documents, has been designed to meet the needs of all students. Its purpose is to provide an engaging, dynamic and ever-changing curriculum that is always relevant to our students.
Using a sound pedagogical approach combined with an understanding of the generation that we teach, we strive to make sure the curriculum:
- sets high standards and expectations;
- embraces Information and Communication Technology;
- uses Bloom’s Taxonomy for rigour;
- uses a wide variety of teaching and thinking strategies;
- scaffolds written work with graphic organisers;
- is flexible, inclusive and gives all students opportunities to succeed;
- is designed to encourage a life long love of learning; and
- is revised to meet learning needs as identified from testing results.