Dimensions of Learning (Robert J. Marzano) is the framework that is used to design the pedagogical delivery of curriculum from Prep to Year 12. While it focuses on creating highly engaging and meaningful learning opportunities, it also recognises that students learn most effectively if they have well developed social and emotional wellbeing, and excellent work habits. Based on substantial research, it identifies the five dimensions essential for effective learning to take place.
The five Dimensions of Learning model embraces:
- the development of positive attitudes and perceptions;
- the acquisition and integration of knowledge;
- the extension and refinement of knowledge;
- the ability to use knowledge in meaningful ways; and
- the development of highly effective Habits of the Mind such as persistence, perseverance and getting along with others.