The Prep Program, based on the Australian Curriculum and the Early Years Curriculum Guidelines, provides enriched, interactive activities and experiences designed to:
- foster positive dispositions to learning;
- develop social and emotional competence;
- create confident and capable communicators;
- develop essential literacy and numeracy skills and knowledge;
- foster health and physical well-being;
- develop the ability to think, inquire, investigate, problem solve and reflect.
The curriculum includes:
- devotions and prayer time;
- a social/emotional well-being program;
- a perceptual motor skills program;
- focused teaching sessions in literacy and numeracy;
- technology and design opportunities;
- specialist lessons in Music, ICT and Physical Education;
- participation in sporting carnivals and excursions.