Genesis Christian College is an equal opportunity employer. The College employs more than 160 staff and offers employment opportunities to people with well-developed skills and expertise, and a commitment to the provision of quality education.
How to Apply
Vacancies for teaching and non-academic positions are normally advertised on this site and, where needed, in Quest Community newspapers and/or Saturday’s Courier Mail. Applications should be submitted via the Application for Employment Form included with the advertisement and include a cover letter, resume, two professional references as well as a recent Minister/Pastor's reference.
Genesis Christian College welcomes expressions of interest for Relief Teaching across our College at any time during the year. Applicants need to complete our Application Form and indicate in the Name of the Position that you are applying for – Relief Teaching (Primary OR Secondary). If you are interested in Secondary, please also indicate which subjects you are qualified to teach. You will also need to include a comprehensive cover letter, resume, Qld Teacher Registration number, a professional reference as well as a recent Minister/Pastor's reference. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department on 3882 9000.
Full Time (12 month maternity leave contract)
18 January 2018 Commencement
We are seeking applications from suitability qualified Kindergarten Teachers
Little Genesis is our 75 place Early Learning Centre, conveniently located on the Genesis Christian College campus and operates three approved Kindergarten classes.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a Bachelor of Teacher (Early Childhood) qualification;
- Be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers and/or eligibility for teaching in a funded Kindergarten program;
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate including CPR.
- Have demonstrated understanding of the principles associated with the developmental needs and programming for children between the ages of three to six years of age.
This position includes 7 weeks paid annual leave.
- Provide evidence of a Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) qualification, Teacher Registration and/or eligibility for teaching in a funded Kindergarten program.
- Show an awareness and general knowledge of an Early Childhood philosophy.
- Display a good working knowledge regarding specific application of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten guidelines.
- Prove that you have the capacity to build relationships and plan an environment that fosters inquiry and discovery.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach academic skills in a Kindergarten Classroom setting.
- Provide specific examples of how you would gain the confidence and respect of parents.
- Prove you have an educational approach that embraces Christian values and are able to work in a Christian environment. Please provide a current pastors reference.
To apply, applicants are asked to view the Duty Statement, address the Selection Criteria in their Cover Letter and email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 November 2017. More information or questions can be directed to The Director: email@example.com
HEAD OF SCHOOL - SECONDARY
Term 1 2018 commencement
We invite suitably qualified, and experienced applicants to apply for the position of Head of School, Secondary.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- An ability to operate within a Christian College, and have a well-developed Christian worldview and personal faith.
- Servant leadership with the ability to inspire, communicate and engage with students, staff, parents and the wider community
- The ability to deliver excellence and innovation in teaching and learning
- Effective management strategies with the ability to direct Secondary school administration and operations
- An ability to create an environment that promotes quality teaching and learning opportunities for students and staff
- An ability to lead professional development and build the capacity of staff
Anticipated commencement date: Term 1, 2018.
To apply, please view the Duty Statement and complete the Employment Application Form by Friday 27 October 2017. For further information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3882 9000.
Submitting Your Resume & The Privacy Act
- In applying for a position you will be providing Genesis Christian College with personal information. We can be contacted at: PO Box 5206, Brendale QLD 4500, email@example.com, (07) 3882 9000.
- If you provide us with personal information, for example your name and address or information contained on your resume, we will collect the information in order to assess your application.
- You agree that we may store this information for up to 12 months.
- You may seek access to your personal information that we hold about you if you are unsuccessful for the position. However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- We will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent.
- We are required to collect information regarding whether you are or have been subject of an Apprehended Violence Order and certain criminal offences under Child Protection Law, for applicants who are not teachers.
- If you provide us with the personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that: you are disclosing that information to the College and why; they can access that information if they wish; the College does not usually disclose the information to third parties; and the College may store their information for up to 12 months.
- The College may store personal information in the 'cloud', which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.