Pastoral Care is the business of all staff at Genesis Christian College as student social and emotional well-being is paramount to success at school and in life. Pastoral Care involves many areas:
- the day to day interaction of the College Chaplains, Counsellors, teachers and other staff members;
- classroom programs and interactions including Christian Life and Personal Development;
- Chapel services, visiting speakers and organisations; and
- policies aimed at protecting the right of each student to an education in a safe and supportive environment.
The support structure is well supported by:
- the Pastoral Care Department consisting of a Head of Pastoral Care, Counsellors, a Primary Chaplain and a Secondary Life Coach;
- Child Safety Officers;
- Form Class teachers in the Secondary School;
- Home Classroom Teachers in the Primary School; and
- Year level Coordinators.
Counselling for students is offered on a daily basis when the need arises.