Genesis Christian College is built on strong Christian values and we provide a Christ-centred environment.
“Your Word is my Light”
(based on Psalm 119:105)
Our mission is to provide high quality education that develops a passion for lifelong learning, Christian character and a desire to serve God in the wider community.
Our vision statement is
We deliver innovative, relevant education that develops personal excellence and school pride within a safe Christ-centred environment.
We believe our point of differentiation is
Ethical, thinking, learning community.
The core values of Genesis Christian College are:
- Perseverance and resilience (determination)
- Sense of service
- Respect (for God, self, others and property)
Our Statement of Faith
- That the Scripture of the Old and New Testament is the infallible Word of God, our supreme and absolute standard by which our whole life is to be directed and judged, and indispensable and determinative for our knowledge of God, of ourselves, and the rest of creation.
- That there is one God, eternal and indivisible in whom are three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit – one Triune God.
- That all things were created by God in and through Jesus Christ by His Word and Spirit according to His eternal purpose and for His own glory; that all things are upheld and controlled by Him and that He reveals Himself in all that He has created and made.
- That man was created in the image of God to enjoy communion with his Creator, to exercise dominion over the Creation to the Glory of God and to interpret all reality in accordance with His design and law; that man sinned by disobeying the express command of God and fell from the estate in which he was created; and that by the curse justly imposed on man everyone is cut off from communion with God and is dead in sins, wholly corrupt throughout the whole man, and utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good and wholly inclined to all evil.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son and is God incarnate, born of the Virgin Mary, who laying down His life for His sheep, paid the price of sin for them being a substitute for all who truly believe in Him; that on the third day he rose bodily from the dead by the power of God, and is now seated at God’s right hand, possessing all power and authority; and that, at the time appointed He will come in power and glory to judge the world in righteousness, and establish new heavens and a new earth where righteousness dwells.
- That the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, effectually applies the salvation secured by Christ to His people, uniting them to Him by faith; that He is the source of faith in Jesus Christ, of true knowledge, and a new sanctified life; and that at the point of faith, the believer is baptized with all the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
- That those who are effectually called by the Holy Spirit are also freely justified in God’s sight, which saving faith is alone the instrument of justification; and yet it is not alone in the person justified, but is ever accompanied with all other saving graces.