The Parents & Friends (P&F) Association warmly welcome you to Genesis Christian College.
We are entirely run by parents and play an active and essential role within the Genesis community.
We work closely with the Genesis Christian College community to:
- achieve common goals
- create, foster and maintain open, two way communication between parents/carers and the Genesis Christian College Community
- provide a medium of support, information and involvement of parents/carers in their children’s education and the Genesis Christian College community.
- encourage parent/carer participation in order to enhance their children’s learning
- promote a distinctive Christian environment in Genesis Christian College (the College)
- actively raise funds to support projects agreed to
- source guest speakers on current and suggested educational programmes, faith development and other matters of interest.
To find out more about the Genesis P&F, read our Constitution.
To stay up to date on the latest Genesis P&F news and events, like us on Facebook!
Throughout the College, you will see evidence of our hard work and commitment to our community including:
- Chilled water bubblers throughout the campus
- Primary spider net playground
- Air-conditioned classrooms.
P&F Launches Free Breakfast program
We are proud to launch our new free breakfast program aimed at easing the morning rush for families.
The program, ‘Fuel for School’, provides free cereal and fruit to all students at Genesis from Prep through to Year 12.
With the number of extra-curricular activities running before school at Genesis, this free breakfast program is designed to ensure our kids are getting a nutritious start to the day amongst the busy morning rush. It’s also a great opportunity for students and families to come together and connect amongst the large outdoor eating are of the College’s canteen, Eden Eats.
Breakfast giant, Kellogg’s, gave the program a kickstart by donating boxes of free cereal. Free fruit is available for students via Eden Eats, every day. Fuel for School is also sustainably-focused using washable and reusable bowls and spoons.
Fuel for School runs from 7:45am – 8:15am on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Our committee comprises of the following roles:
- President – Gabby Holden
Oversees all operations and correspondence of the P&F, chairs the General Meetings, and Executive Meetings, addresses the school community at assemblies as required, arranges the content of the P&F page in the Chronicle, liaises with parents and staff.
- Vice President – Kara Thomas
Supporting role to the President and stands in the President’s stead in the event of absence.
- Treasurer – Deb McCarthy
Coordinates all financial operations of the P&F, coordinates with the College Finance Department, prepares documentation for auditing in accordance with legal obligations, and reports monthly and annual financial outcomes to P&F Assoc Inc.
- Secretary – Andrea Maunder
Compiles meeting Minutes, prepares Agendas, forwards Minutes to Webpage Coordinator for circulation, collects and collates correspondence incoming and outgoing into a monthly report.
- Liaison Officer – Jarred Maunder
Communicates via email directly to the parental email database, including but not limited to the P&F UPDATE email, festival communication, directs emails to relevant parties; methodically files/categorises emails for reference; communicates on behalf of the President where necessary; prepares documentation for circulation where required.
- General Committee Members –
- Amora Durward
- Paul Lupton
- Kirsten Ivosevac
- Selana Maloney
Offer supporting roles as regular volunteers at major events or activities.
Our P&F Association meets once a month. Our next meeting is Tuesday 10 November and will be our final meeting of the year. The meeting will be hosted at the Warner Tavern at 6pm followed by dinner. Everyone is welcome to attend however please RSVP to PFASSOC@genesis.qld.edu.au for booking numbers.
The minutes from previous meetings can be found on Parent Lounge.